Re: [MV] Beltring questions

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 21:56:16 PST

G W-B wrote:
>As well, I think you'll find most 'charter' flights go into Gatwick. Regularly
>scheduled, 'name-brand' flights go into Heathrow. Even if you don't wish to
>lease a car, there is a direct rail link between Gatwick and the nearby
>village
>(Tunbridge Wells, IIRC) servicing the Beltring site.

       I fly over Northwest Air Lines right to Gatwick. Then I go
downstairs to the train station and get a ticket right to the Beltring
"station". The train leaves you off on a wooden platform surrounded by
farmer's fields in the middle of nowhere. A short walk (1/4 mile) up the
road takes you right to the event site. If you are camping, you don't even
need a car! On Sunday morning I take the train back to Gatwick and rent a
car, then drive back to the event and load all the stuff I bought. Then
back to the airport and on to the plane for home.

    Of course this is the "cheap" way to go to the show.......leaves extra
money to buy more Saladin/Ferret bits!

                   Jim

James T. Gilmore
2565 Wiethoff, Inkster Michigan 48141