Re: [MV] Do you play with it?

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 08:17:46 PST

 ---- you wrote:
> Anyway, so I was wondering how many of your listers actually get to take
> your toys out and play more than once or twice a year? I would love to
> hear some stories.
>
> Thanks.
>
> David

My 1945 MB is out at least once a week. I have put over 1000 miles on it since I bought it. Since it is tagged and insured, it serves as a backup, when one of my daily vehicles goes down. My daughter has learned to drive in it. I have 12 acres of heavily wooded ground with a 2000 foot long driveway. I purchased the MB about two years ago, just to get back and forth while I built the driveway. It also helped with the construction of my new house, which we hope to move into over the Christmas holiday break. The MB has performed flawslessly and has been invaluable, since it is the only thing that I have that can get around the driveway construction. Last winter, it served as a sled shuttle for my kids and their friends. With the winter enclosure on, we could get 6 kids in the MB and their sleds on the hood to get them back up the hill. To help with traction, I installed lockers in both rears and a 3.15 gear set in the transfer case. The MB will go through ten inch deep mud with n!
o problem. I have not had any mechanical failures even with all of the hard use.

Dave Fillman
1945 MB