Re: [MV] Newbie on the list!

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 14:57:54 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <stephen_orme@lycosmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 10:05 PM
Subject: [MV] Newbie on the list!

Hello. I have just subscribed to the list and am finding it
interesting reading. I have done a web search for "military vehicles"
and am going through the sites. Can you recommend any good sites for
me, or any books/magazines/shows in the UK?

Books are too numerous to list, look in Wheels and Tracks, specifically for
Stalwarts try Chris Evans Books for "The Stout, Strong and Sturdy"

Shows, obviously The War & Peace 5 day event at Beltring, and the area MVT
groups have shows throughout the year, see the MVT site or "Windscreen".

I am particularly interested in amphibious vehicles after seeing a
short feature on the television about a Stalwart. Where can I find out
more about these?

That was a bit on BBC 2 "Top Gear" that dealt with Beltring and homed-in on
the Wehrmacht re-enactors; again.

Also have a look at the Stolly list on egroups.
http://www.egroups.com/group/Stolly

Richard
Southampton - England
FV623 STAL II/681