Book on Shermans and Sharpshooters

From: Dwill (jeepers@online.no)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 08:45:25 PST

A couple of weeks ago I posted this message:

> Perhaps some MV'ers are interested in a book called "Sharpshooter Snapshots"
> written, and privately published, by John Fisher (who just happens to be my
> uncle - but I am unbiased, please believe me). John joined the British Army as a
> young man in 1943 and the book describes his training in the Royal Armoured
> Corps, his later career as a Sherman tank driver in the 4th Country of London
> Yeomanry (7th Armd Divison - The Desert Rats), landing in Normandy on D-Day +1,
> the aftermath of Villers Bocage and the establishment of 3/4 CLY as part of the
> 4th Armd Brigade, the good times and the sad times of fighting up through
> France, Belgium, Holland, and Germany until May 1945. Also the period in Germany
> after the war until he was demobbed in 1946.
> Later in life John became a minister in the Church of England. He is now
> retired. He has a keen interest in military history, anything from tin soldiers
> to 'heavy metal' with tracks and guns. He travels each year to Europe on trips
> to old friends in France, Belgium, and Holland and was in the parade in London
> yesterday.
> The book "Sharpshooter Snapshots" is a paperback , with 199 pages, whereof 8
> with b/w photos.
> The price GBP 15,- incl. postage to UK and Europe, USD 30,- incl. postage to
> North America, AUS/NZ, and worldwide.
> I hope that some of you are interested in reading it. I can take orders if you
> e-mail me at "jeepers@online.no".
>
> Regards
> David Hammond
> Member of MVPA, MVT, and HMK (The Norwegian Mil-Veh Club) and proud owner of a
> 1942 GPW (with 4th Armd Bde markings of course).

- and many thanks to those of you who have ordered the book. Howver if anyone didn't
see the above posting and are now interested, then drop me an e-mail.
Don't worry, I won't be pestering you again. This is the second, and last time, I
will send this message.

David