Re: [MV] Do you play with it?

From: k, d, j, m, & a miller (thisoldhouse@libcom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 19:55:56 PST

Couldn't resist the thread...

I have owned a M35A2 for about 9 months.
The following is a short, honest list of "fun" I
have had with it.

- Used as the "limo" for a wedding. Met the bride
and groom over the internet. Saw and talked to them
for the first time when I drove about 50 miles to the
wedding site. Cost the groom a case of beer and an
invite for my wife and I to the reception. Imagine a bridal
party and parents of both bride and groom riding in the
back of a deuce and half. The minister would of rode
in it also if not for other plans he had later.

- Used to haul about 20 cub scouts during several parades
during the summer. The scouts love it. A fellow scout dad
liked it so much, he went and bought one, too!

- Entered into a truck pull. Should have seen all the country
boys look when I pulled up. They all breathed a sigh of
relief when I told them that I was only making an
exhibition run. Was quite a crowd pleaser.

- Went "cruising" with a couple other deuce owners.
Did some off-roading where they are building a new
expressway. Ended up at a McDonalds for lunch.
Imagine three deuces parked in front of a
McDonalds.

- Used it for many "useful" chores such as hauling
firewood, sand, gravel, busted up concrete, etc.
The local Home Depot has seen the truck parked
out front several times.

- Took it to work several times. Caused some stir
the first time. Even after explaining to the guards that
the truck is mine. (I work at a Dept. of Energy
laboratory)

For many of the above events, my wife and three kids
were with me in the truck. All have come to enjoy
"the deuce". I barely have to twist arms to convince
them to take it somewhere. (I even convinced my
wife to drive it one time).

I have put on about 1500 miles since I bought it and still
drive it now that it is cold. (It was 20 degrees this past
weekend in Pittsburgh, and I still fired it up for a short
drive).

So... to answer the question, I play with it enough
to keep the local diesel stations happy but still not
enough for me.

kurt