Fastest sandblaster in the West

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 20:59:22 PST

Hi list,
Tore down the rear hub/brake drum assembly the other day and as you know, I
cleaned the crap out of the drums till they shined. NAPA will turn the rear
drums as long as the hub and drums are assembled so I had to get things back
together before this could happen. Unfortunately the slingers inside the
drums were pretty fugly. They also had to be blasted after the usual caked
on grease/asphalt was scraped away. Came home from work, threw off my
uniform and got into my play clothes and made a bee-line for the garage.
The sun was going down (WHY do we STILL have daylight savings time?????can
anyone tell me!?!?) and it was going to get REAL cold so I wanted to make
quick work of them. Desperation breeds inspiration, as they say. Grabbed
my parts, each of which are stamped from a single piece of lightweight steel
and ran em out to the back chain-link fence. Grabbed a few vice-grip pliers
on the way. The jaws of each plier straddled the wire of the fence, and
firmly gripped the parts....kind of like hanging your laundry out with
clothes pins. Instant sandblasting frame.....the parts are extremely
lightweight so they needed to be secure against being blown away by the
pressure. There is a wooded lot behind me so the sand I was blowing was
going to disappear into the weeds.
WHAM....5 minutes, boys! F I V E minutes and they were both done and then
into primer.
FASTEST SANDBLASTER IN THE WEST! YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
TJ