M3 Stuart Tank

From: Chris (cdavis@mail.johnsonmfg.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 15:20:42 PST

I just returned from a Pearl Harbor Day memorial service held here in Lake
Forest, CA. After the service I had a chance to visit with Pearl Harbor
Survivors and some of the other speakers. One gentleman was the driver of
an M3 Stuart tank and was actually the first unit into Dachau. He said
they ran down a section of the fence rather than use the gate. (When you
have a tank I guess you don't need to use the gate.)

We talked some about what he witnessed there, but on a lighter note, I
asked when the last time was he had seen a Stuart tank. He said 1945. I
also learned that he lives near me in Mission Viejo, CA.

So, I was wondering if anyone on the list knows of a museum or even private
owner in the Southern California region with a Stuart? Would be fun to set
up a "reunion".

Thanks,

Chris Davis
'42 WC-53 (x2)