RE: [MV] How to remove DRMO markings???

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 18:39:38 PST

Christopher,
I posted this last week, am reposting for those who want to give it a try.
I have seen posting for are probably better techniques but B12 in a spray
can is available at most auto supply places and Wal-Marts ect...

>Some time back, someone posted a question about removing the "stuff" used
>mark MVs at DRMO sales.
>I suggested then to try B12, a solvent/carburetor cleaner and after trying
>several different things around the shop I finally went and bought some.
>On black marker it works well, on the paint marker it takes several
>trips -spray and wipe off, on spray paint in this case it did nothing (wish
>I knew what paint they used) to the 4 large "U"s 2 on each end of the
>bumper.
>The CRC however is a different matter, it seems to pickup and move the CRC.
>If you use a paper towel it picks up the color of the coating, the CRC is
>thick enough that it would take a long time to remove enough to make a
>difference, and B12 evaporates very quickly, but it works.
>The only problem I saw in a blurring effect on the surface between camo
>colors, avoidable by not crossing from one color to another.
>B12 is also the stuff I mentioned in an earlier post about a my "power
>increase".
>I don't think it added any "power" to the fuel, but I do think it helped
the
>fact that my injectors were 1/2 full of gum from setting for 6 years.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net