RE: 2 1/2 ton truck wanted..California

From: John Odbert (John_odbert@pitzer.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 11:37:05 PST

Hello,

My name is John Odbert and I am a college student at pitzer college in
claremont, Ca. I am originally from sacramento. I was wondering if you might
be able to help me with a project that I have been working on for some time
now with little success. If you go to
 http://www.geocities.com/rex00x/truck/truck.htm you can see some pictures
of a 1956 gmc M135 truck that I own. I am trying to break the worlds record
for the loudest automobile stereo system. I have built the box and already
have enough speakers to shake some heads. My trucks engine runs fine, but
the transmission for some reason will not shift into high range. It is an
automatic hydromatic transmission with two high and two low gears. The
transmission shifts fine in low range but will not even engage in high
range. Like it was still in nuetral. I have not been able to find anyone who
can help me fix this problem. People have told me that is could be in the
linkage or in the transfer case. But no mechanics will work on the truck. If
you know of any mechanice in the sacramento area or any who are willing to
come down to sacramento I would be very greatfull if you could either give
me their e-mail adress or phone number so I could contact them. Also I would
like to hear any of your thought on my situation...

Thanks,

JP