Re: [MV] fording kit,NSN search site

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 10:08:29 PST

"Todd Logan" <bugdaddy66@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://lrc3.monmouth.army.mil/aeps/nsndata/

Cool! thanks for sharing that useful link.

In the past, I've lookud up NSNs on the DRMS web site. They don't have
the price, inventory or manufacturer data that the Monmouth site has,
but sometimes they have fairly detailed item descriptions. For
example, when I looked up the NSN of the rear shackle pins on my
2.5-ton, I found enough dimensional and material data to make one!

Here's how I look up NSNs on the DRMS site:

Take this link:

    http://www.drms.com/servlet/FlisPlusQuery?niin=000771636

and replace the number at the end with an NIIN (the last 9 digits of a
13-digit NSN, or "00" followed by the last 7 digits of an old 11-digit
NSN). Don't include any spaces or dashes.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/