Re: [MV] M3???????????????

From: Chris (cdavis@mail.johnsonmfg.net)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 07:37:41 PST

It was call "Shooting War", produced by Spielberg and narrated by Tom
Hanks. I agree, very well done and lots of interesting vehicle
footage. They certainly didn't pull any punches though. Showed a lot of
the disturbing footage we don't like to think about but should remember.

I missed the first 10 minutes, but taped the rest of it.

Chris Davis

At 05:42 AM 12/11/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Just the other nite..ABC ran a special on the Combat Photographer...WWII.
>Film shown late in the war in Germany featured The M5........and Chaffee as
>well as the M41 ......heavy tank. Some great footage of tank to tank
>warfare in a german town.
>
>A panther lay in wait as the M41? fired on it..combat footage showed the
>commander tumbling out of the command hatch, minus his legs as the rest of
>the crew lights out, just to be mowed down by shrapnel as the tank is hit
>again and lights up, with the commander burning to death on the deck of the
>tank.....horrifying...but fascinating as well.

<snip>
Chris Davis
'42 WC-53 (x2)
'42 GPW Script