LST Association

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 12:58:06 PST

The LST Association Links can be found at: http://www.abiz4me.com/lst.html

.........and yes, I think an LST IS AN MV!

I've been following this group for about 3-4 years now. The Greek Navy GAVE
them the LST for their museum. Unfortunately, our own State Department (one
particular guy) held up the approval to return it. It was considered
Significant Military Equipment. Fortunately, a letter writing campaign
fixed the problem. I know I wrote both Senators and my representative. All
responded positively and supported the bill allowing the LSTs return,
despite the best efforts of the bureaucrats to stop it. It is nice to see
the good guys win.

I wish these gents well and Godspeed on their return trip.

Jim