Re: [MV] MB Engine Timing Chain Oiling

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 04:33:37 PST

Adam,
There is also a sqirter down near the crankshaft that aims oil directly on the chain. I plugged this and now rely on the oil from the filter for lubrication. This change picked up about 5 PSI oil pressure. The filter is basically a metered leak. I would not plug the filter since it does work. You may want to check the size of the metering hole in the tube inside of the filter. I do not think it should be any larger than .040". My MB has an M38 engine with gears instead of a chain, but I believe they have the same oiling system. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Dave Fillman
45 MB