Re: [MV] M62 parts WTB was 5 ton gas motor

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 05:26:39 PST

David,

You are correct on the collars. Those are the colars that I am looking for. They are picture in TM 9-2320-260-10 Figure B-19, Item #2.

But, you are wrong on the shipper support pins. Those are not the ones that I am looking for. I do use the lower pins to stow the shipper supports when I use the crane. I just swing them back along side the boom and use the lower pins to secure it is place.

The pin that I am looking for is only one long pin that goes through the boom extension and holds the LONG boom jack legs to the extrension. This will enable you to lift the max with the boom extended and at any portion of the circle. You can see where the pin goes in TM 9-2320-211-10 Figure 2-57. This picture also shows the shipper booms stowed along side the boom.

Again, I am looking to purchase thess items or if someone can take a picture and provide me with measurements for me to make them.

Thanks,

John

>>> <DDoyle9570@aol.com> 12/11/00 6:23:28 PM >>>
John,
Now I follow what you are asking....I think. I am responding to you and the
list, lest anyone have these for sale. The "collar" that goes on the upper
shipper support is ordnance part number 7409782, the Austin Western number is
HCF1207C, it comes with the chain and retaining pin welded to it.

The "pin" that is used to secure the shipper support in the upper transport
position is Austin Western part number HCF2000, and International Harvester
part number 116247R11, no ordnance or NSN is given. I have never seen, other
than in the photos in the TM's, the shipper support stored in this manner.
My not educated guess is that is was preferable to support the shipper on the
shipper supports with them in the rear heavy lift position, since this would
take the load (weight of shipper) off the lift cylinder and its seals.

While I will admit I have not sought the two pins and two collars you are
looking for, I have probably climbed over 50 or so wreckers at Memphis
Equipment while looking for various odds and ends for my M-62, and don't
recall seeing either. I wouldn't be surprised if the lower shipper support
retaining pins would fit in place of the upper.

Sorry this is all the info I have,
David Doyle