brake question

From: Pam & Dan (pamelakg@intergate.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 18:49:41 PST

Hi list. I'm redoing the brakes on my halftrack and I have a question. The
hydrovac has been rebuilt, the wheel cylinders replaced, master cylinder
replaced, the lines have been flushed and the system bled. The question is,
what is wrong when the first pump of the peddle goes to the floor but the
second builds and holds pressure (engine is not running)? If you let the
peddle up and wait abit the peddle goes to the floor again. When the engine
is running the problem doesn't seem to be there. Is this normal or is
something wrong? Thanks, Dan