MUTT has no startting problems now

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 00:22:43 PST

Dear List,

Thanks to all those who suggested ways to overcome the winter starting
problems that I had written about. Strangely, the MUTT starts without any
problems since the last two days. No, I did not change batteries because
they are new 70 amps batteries. I did not change plugs/cables either. I did
not clean carb too. Basically, I did not touch anything but now everything
is fine. How come? The winter has only become a bit severe. The temperature
has dipped to about 40 degrees F during the nights and to 80 degrees F.
during the day. (Do not laugh!!)

Anybody has any idea why the MUTT refused to start early in the mornings
(when it was warmer than it is now) and how did the problem simply go away
when it is colder?

Thanks in advance.

Anith
Sudan (Northern Africa)