Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 20:40:51 PST

If I am not mistaken, the USS Cabot was SOLD. It is no longer the property
of the US government, rather it belongs to a corporation, public or private.
  While I too hate to see it scrapped, what say does the government have at
this point if they don't own it?

I find it ironic that so many on this list are so quick to want to enlist
government assistance when it suits their needs. Typically, most folks on
this list are quick to bemoan the government having too much say on our
activities. ie Too much regulation.

This seems to me to clearly be a case of the government having no say. If I
decided tomorrow to scrap my restored GPW, do you really thing the US
government would have any right to stop me?

Folks you can't have it both ways. If you are genuinely interested saving
the USS Cabot I suggest taking out your checkbook.

If I am mistaken in my belief (as previously stated on this list) that the
CABOT has ALREADY BEEN SOLD, someone please set me straight.

Jim Rice