On this very day in 1944......

From: NIGEL HAY (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 09:23:58 PST

Hitler unleashed his counter offensive in the Ardennes which is of course
known to this day as the Battle of the Bulge, the famous stand of the 101st
at Bastogne.
In 1984 we took a load of historic WW2 MV's to Bastogne for the December
16th anniversary - you can see the pics on www.milweb.net You will find the
gallery on our homepage.
Let me asure you it was very cold even in a hard cab GMC, one of our party,
who had never been abroad before came in a jeep with no sidescreens and just
a light jacket. He survived the cold and is still attending rallies though
he dresses more sensibly.
We went back in 96 and ythe pics are also on the gallery.
Enjoy, NIGE