M35 soft top rod installation

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 08:17:56 PST

List,
Does anyone know the correct way to install the three steel rods that go
from the windshield frame to the crossbar on an M35 when installing a
canvas top? The rods will fit two ways. One way, with the curvature
towards the rear of the truck, seems to result in more headroom. The
other way, with the curvature forward, gives less headroom but the
canvas seems to be stretched tighter and the rods seem less prone to
fall out.

I can't even find these rods mentioned in any of the manuals I have.
They keep rain water from pooling on the top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
PS, sorry if there is a double posting. I'm trying both addresses.
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA