Re: [MV] Replacement Bolts For Blazer Starter

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 11:13:27 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Ellis" <stuellis@mediaone.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2000 3:51 PM
Subject: [MV] Replacement Bolts For Blazer Starter

> Hi all!
> What bolts should I use to replace the ones I reused in my 1009 starter.

I asked the GM dealer that very question, and wound up with a sermon on
starter bolts, and hearty congratulations I took the time to consult the
dealer rather than Home Hardware. Turns out the 6.2L starter bolts are
metric or something, and interchanging them with other similar equipment is
a real non-starter (pardon the pun.) Take one of your old ones with you to
do the thread match at the dealer, but the guy at my parts counter had them
under my nose in seconds. Pricey, though - CAN$5.00/bolt or so if memory
serves.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.