Re: [MV] M35 Compressor Tank Drain Valves

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 15:04:13 PST

"Kerry Bernstein" <kbernste@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Somewhere in either an old Supply Line or in MV, there was a great
> recommendation for replacing air tank drain valves with a
> spring-loaded valve, which can be opened remotely by tieing a cable
> to it; no more reaching under rear bed.

I ordered a pair of valves like that from McMaster-Carr
(www.mcmaster.com), for about $6.50 each. Just do a search on "cable
pull radiator drain cock". They screw right into the tanks in place of
the original drain cocks. I shortened the cables and routed them
through a pair of P loops that I mounted on my pioneer tool rack.

These ones are much less substantial than the cable-pull valves I've
seen on commercial trucks. I carry my old drain cocks in the truck in
case my new ones develop a leak, and I may try to replace them with
valves specifically intended for draining truck air tanks then next
time I'm at a truck parts store.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/