Re: [MV] REBUTTAL

From: Dennis O'Connor (oconnor01@snet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 01:52:47 PST

Hmmm,
    I really hate to do this on list but since being maligned in public I
suppose I have to reply in kind. I'll include a real WC52 HMV request at the
bottom.

+AD4- In regards to Mr. O'Connors list enforcement missive... Sometimes
+AD4-a member needs to be yanked by the scruff of the neck to realize they
aren't
+AD4-playing +ACI-nice+ACI-.
    True, very true, but you were over the top in your comments to RAM and
needed to be reigned in yourself. Just as his comments were taken as
inappropriate to the question posed so were your comments regarding him. I
suggest you re-read your initial reply again from the receiving point of
view. You were just as insulting and rude which is not how Arthur reminds
people of proper list etiquette and that's the exact reason why I spoke.
    Fortunately most members just ignored it as being RAM on a bad day or
something and that ensures it goes no further. Your info is right, he is
very nice, someone I have enjoyed knowing, and BTW he does help
beginners. I am very happy that he took my post in the spirit intended and
saddened by your lack of restraint. The list was not +ACI-sliding towards
anarchy+ACI- and your version of +ACI-patrolling our streets+ACI- was far too heavy
handed.

+AD4- I speak up so strongly ...as a +ACI-taxpayer+ACI-.... I WILL put forth MY
opinion
    As I wrote before you are quite entitled to your opinion and the right
to be heard but having contributed does not give you any more rights than
those that did not. It was your choice of venue that was inappropriate, you
should have written to RAM privately with comments like that. And that IS
spoken as one contributor to another. I, however, make no distinction or
claim more
rights because of my contribution. It was a gift to all that use the list,
not a
purchase of a share of anything... and that includes the server from which
we all benefit.
    Now if you want to flame me some more please keep it off-list so as not
to waste more of the group's time.

Dennis O'Connor
---------------------------
Real HMV Part, from the vets group doing the truck,
    The WC52 (WW2 3/4 ton 4x4) is coming along nicely with the rear body
being remounted and new wiring installed. The 4 or 5 manuals on hand do not
show the rear floor very much. Maybe the vets are missing a manual or just
missing the pages when they look for it. The floor was completely gone and
very
little found in the leaves under the truck during recovery. The manuals have
parts listed as fuel tank covers, fuel tank shields, rear floor assemblies
and such but no pictures. Can anybody point me to additional sources that
show the rear
floor? Please edit your reply subject line to something other than rebuttal
to avoid confusion with above.Thanks.