M38 tools and accessories

From: John Rozell (jrozell@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 14:21:59 PST

I've seen on web sites like G503, listings for the tools and accessories
for the MB & GPW, but did the M38 also have a set of standard tools as
well? Does anyone know of any online/published resources that would
have photos or descriptions of these tools?
I would also like to call on other M38 owners for some assistance. My
project vehicle (mfg. 1951) was stripped of data plates prior to my
purchase of it. I was lucky enough to find the hood number and I have
the engine block number and, with the assistance of a fellow MV'er, have
narrowed the possible correct serial number for my vehicle down to
within 100 numbers. I would like to ask other fellow '51 M38 owners to
check their vehicle and email me your serial number, the date
manufactured, and the original hood number. I would like to try to
cross-reference these numbers to verify that my assumptions for the
original serial no. are correct.
Perhaps there would be someone out there that would be willing to host a
serial number index for M38's , similar to the one on the G503 website?
John Rozell