Re: [MV] Looking for deuce plastic battery box

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 22:09:02 PST

"Andy Michalski" <amichalski@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Oh yeah, also on the "wish list" is a deuce plastic battery box.

A few months ago, I got a NOS plastic battery box upgrade kit for the
deuce (and a few other trucks, too) from Memphis. As I recall (from
memory), it cost about $165. It included the box itself, the
handle/latch assemblies, and all hardware needed. The handles come
detached, because they may be installed on the side or on the end, for
use in different types of trucks. My metal battery box is probably OK,
but its latches are rusted and non-functional. I think I could repair
them, but the simple deadbolt-type latches on the plastic boxes looked
like they'd be less prone to getting stuck due to rust. I haven't
installed the box yet, but the instructions didn't make the job look
too hard (aside from lifting the #^%!$ batteries!). I probably won't
resume work on my truck until mid-2001; I'm FINALLY almost done with
my radio room at home, and I think I'll probably concentrate on my
neglected green radios between now and the Military Radio Collector's
Group meeting in San Luis Obispo, CA next May.

I'm glad to see that the list seems to have recovered!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/