Re: [MV] larc 5

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 24 2000 - 20:30:44 PST

"j.martin" wrote:

> When I was in the NAVY , I was trained to drive a LARC - 5 ( a 35
> foot boat on wheels ) this vehicle was capable of driving on both land
> and water . it's primary purpose was salvage and rescue .

> I have started looking for one to purchase hopefuly inexpensive .

Howdy J,

A good place to find floating HMV's is a publication named "Boats and
Harbors", published thrice monthly in Crossville, TN. It is sort of a
"Shotgun News" for the commercial abd brown water work boat set. LARC's,
DUKW's and other floating HMV's regularly appear there. Since the
publication appeals to the commercial rather than the collector set, the
prices are as reasonable as one can hope for.

Good Luck!
Mel Miller
2 X M725