Diesel engine starting in cold weather

From: j.martin (ttc21865@taconic.net)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 11:29:25 PST

Hey folks I got a problem here and I am hoping somebody will have a
solution for .

I have a 91 ford e 350 with the international 7.3 liter diesel engine
in it .

I can not get it started at all in this cold weather even though the
block heater is pluged in .

the engine has 150 thousand miles on it we think though it may be like
250 thousand .

the engine seems to not be turning fast enough but it dies drain the 2
1000 amp battery s that are in it very quickly .

Does any body have any ideas ?
This is my wheel chair truck that I use to transport my wife around in
( she has Multiple Scelrosis )

thanks

jim martin