Re: [MV] USS CABOT---it MAY BE (?) too late!

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 14:23:53 PST

  Well I haD very little time to work with since the Museum
  was closing early due to its being Christmas eve.. The top
  superstructure and old deck wood of the Cabot was on the
  floor of the Naval Air Museum in P'cola.. I took some shots
  of the area that I'll get on the list or get out on the web
  somehow for all to have a look see.. These got donated to the
  Museum during a refurb of the Cabot from what I was told so
  the ship still retains the newer items ..

  Because of the unpopularity of military things save to such
  a narrow interest group its hard to keep examples of all things
  that should be retained as lessons to future generations..

   We as a race have been stupid enough to allow the extinion of
   living creatures and plants as we charge ahead in "progress"
   Its also too bad we fail to head the words of " those that fail
   to remember the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it"
   Failing to keep the examples of what our forefathers used to save
   our way of life is a bad mistake since once their gone their gone
   forever

                                         Bob B