RE: [MVlist] 9:00-20 tire chains

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 12:21:49 PST

Chain em all, don't drive on clear pavement if you can possibly avoid it.
I have been running mine with 15 psi in the tires so far, and get around ok
on the ice and snow.
My experience with chains has always been to wait to long to put em on, and
then to ear em up on clear pavement.
When you are driving keep a low gear and high RPM, if your engine is working
too hard it will tend to "drag" the drive system and cause you to slide,
(this concept is very important when coming into a turn, DOWN SHIFT).

If you are running 50 psi on snow and ice you have a very large sled.

BTW, can anyone give us an idea how long you can get away with running at
HWY speed with 15 psi, and what damage will it do.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- MVPA -22345-