Re: [MV] Shipping a deuce

From: Mike Towers (mtowers@texas.net)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 08:35:49 PST

Hi Guys:
My experience with shippin BIG STUFF is that you either pay around $1 per
mile round trip, or $2 a loaded mile. If you are patient and are going from
one populated area to another, you can often hand out at a truck stop and
catch a flat bed running empty in the general direction you want to go.
Then, the price is negotiable. If he's an owner/operator, he doesn't want to
pay that fuel bill to get to his next load. YOU can offset that for him by
paying him to haul what you got. You just have to be flexible as to exactly
where and when.

Mike Towers