Re: [MV] [MVlist] 9:00-20 tire chains

From: lou (lou@frontier.net)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 01:09:10 PST

> It takes 45 min to change the pressure in all of the tires, so I'm
inclined
> to leave em alone until it warms back up.
> Can I getaway with it?

Rikk I'm not a tire expert, and yes there are differences between bias and
radial tires. But I'm old enough to have spent a lot of time on bias ply
tires and I was always taught that heat destroys tires.

Can you get away with it? Maybe. Will you survive the accident? Maybe.
Is 45 min of your time worth more then the cost of replacing a tire? Maybe.

Lou