Update on the truck getting started !

From: j.martin (ttc21865@taconic.net)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 20:58:40 PST

Ok folks ,

First of all I want to thank everybody who offered information on the
starting of the truck and how to fix it !

Here is what we found wrong with the truck !

First of all the block heater was burnt nearly in two , so we put a
new one in to it cost 51.00 for the part and 35 .00 for the mechanic
to install this part . Then for the heck of it I decided to put in a
inline heater on the radiator hose that cost another 40.00 for the
part and he charged me 35.00 to put this one on also ( we had to empty
the cooling system ) .

We then checked the fuel injector pump and have found the preasure in
it was not doing it up to par . I am schedualing that to be replaced
the part is going to cost 385 and about 140 for the install cost .

So when I finaly get this stuff fixed I am told most of the total
starting problems are going away ( I hope ) .

jim m