Re: [MV] USPS another shot!!

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 07:48:56 PST

You can say what bad you want about the USPS, but I have had nothing but
good experience with them. I ship almost all items I have via priority
mail- about 100 items a month. It is cheaper most of the time, and the
packing materials are free, so I only have to charge for tape. Only three
complaints from USPS shipping (hundreds) and 9 complaints from UPS shipping
(about 50) during the last two shipping years. They do not always make the
2-3 days, but if I want something by a certain time, I make sure I have it
ordered well in advance. Christmas time shipping guarantees? In the
immortal words of Newman on Seinfeld- BWAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA! Even the
Germans couldn't keep things moving over Christmas in 1944- what makes you
think the USPS can be better than the Wehrmacht? (What a weird comparison)

Another thing which was important for a few sales. Only the USPS will door
to door deliver to addressees in Alaska. Every carrier I called could not
deliver a pair of WWII tail lights a friend needed for his Indian
restoration. But like the old legend, the USPS made it through.