Re: [MV] M35A2 Brake master cylinder

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 05:09:09 PST

Rikk and others,
It's easier to get the cap off if you use a 3/4" open
end with the handle shortened. I don't know where
I got mine, it's been in my toolbox since dirt was
invented and it sure works good.
They get $22/quart for DOT 5 locally, so I buy it
by the case (4-gallons) for not much more than
that per gallon at swap meets.
Beware of the cap that had the vent line replaced
with the vent of the type used on differentials. I got
a truck in with the brake peddle on the floor. When
I loosened the cap, the pedal sprung up. The vent
had created a vacuum in the master cylinder.
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com