Re: [MVlist] Serindipity. -searchlites

From: NIGEL HAY (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 01:36:24 PST

Over the last few years at the War and peace Show we have had WW" search
lites lighting up the sky (with a degreee of caution because of the
proximity to the airports....yes, its amusing to pick out 747's stacking for
Heathrow but a bit risque) The lites were mounted on very rare petrol
electric Tilling Stevens trucks(wd model), ironically manufactured in the
late 30's just 9 miles from the Hop Farm.
This display is to be outdone now as Rex Cadman who organises the event has
recently brought back from Norways' reserve of military kit a couple of
complete WW2 GEC trailer mounted Searchlites approx 8 foot diameter with
plenty of arc rods.

Happy new year to you all, NIGE