Re: [MV] International Business

From: MARK ZUREVINSKY (maz_concerts@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 07:35:56 PST

John,

Well worded! Your comments could not have been closer to the truth. One
needs to research the person they plan to do business with before they start
issuing payment.

Take advantage of not only writen agreements, but the use of escrow, Letters
of Credit (from recoginzed financial institutions), trust accounts, the use
of a solicitor/lawyer (on big money items). Any of these and more can assist
the buyer AND SELLER to protect him or herself indeed!

Take advantage of opportunities to inspect the equipment in person and if
possible monitor the shipment being loaded. Yes, the above seems to be a
major pain in the a**. However, there are almost fulproof ways to confirm
you are getting exactly what you paid for from almost anyone.

The only disagreement that I would have with your words of advice John is
your suggestion about trying to get the goods shipped and in your hand
without payment. Just as it would be foolish for the buyer to send cash in
the mail, it would be just as foolish for the seller to send anything
without some form of payment in advance. I do not know of many dealers whom
would consider sending a piece of hardware to someone without a buying track
record and without some form of payment. I know I surely would not.

The last words that I would like to add, is never and I repeat NEVER pay in
cash!!!!!! If the buyer suggests a cash deal for less money, know right off
that someone is going to get screwed in the deal, either a partner, the
buyer, the Government or someone else in the loop that is not identifyable.

Lets be honest, knowone does business with someone that they do not trust.
If they do, then they are at fault for doing the deal. Knowone is forced
into a transaction. Thats then called extortion not business!

Wishing all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Regards,

Mark A Zurevinsky
for MAZ

1 807 475 7730 phone & fax