M35A2 Head Gasket R & R

From: Kerry Bernstein (kbernste@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 10:48:02 PST

Project this weekend is to replace blown head gasket on our M35A2.
(started peeing coolant and oil)
Sounds like a not-uncommon occurrence, and I'm replacing it with the
updated gasket P/N. I'd appreciate any suggestions on

- other things we might as well do while we're in there
- any special gotchas we need to watch out for.

Already assuming all fluids must be changed.
I might have a genuine motorpool mechanic helping,
but want to pretend I'm prepared. Thanks again, list,
in advance for your advice.

Kerry Bernstein