PROVENANCE

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 20:04:50 PST

Did I spell it correctly? Here's my latest call to
all of you with military vehicles of ANY vintage!
Please thoroughly consider restoring your mil-veh as it once originally
was. You don't mind searching endlessly for just the right little
doo-dad, why not use that same patience and skill to research the
provenance of your vehicle,
thereby increasing the world's knowledge and understanding of these
interesting beasts? I did it, and I define "amateur"!
Just about everybody else on this list seems to
know more about military vehicles than I do, yet
I've uncovered facts about my truck no one else
knew. My guess is that there's thousands of
little stories out there waiting to be told, and amongst those will be
some real surprises!
These stories will serve to more realistically
flesh-out the histories of our armed forces.
My truck had all its logos, numbers, etc obliterated, yet I was able to
piece together
its history. My truck HAS to be a worst-case scenario with regards to
researchability, yet I succeeded (with your help,
of course). Your mil-veh's function is KNOWN!
No one had ever seen or heard of one like mine. (Except for Everett
Doyle!) Your job is half-done! I hope I'm part of a trend.
Thanks for all the great help. Don Kenyon