Re: [MV] [MVlist] Ord 9

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 21:58:06 PST

fackovec@radiotech.com writes:

<< If I am not mistaken, you do not want an ORD-9, they are for WWII era
stuff >>

Hank and Co.,
The ORD 9's went on until at least November 1961. I have them that recent.
As far as parts books go, in my opinion they are much more useful than the
later -P series, since they have mfr part numbers, and component mfr names,
which are omitted from the later books.
As a rule, I find the older series manuals much more useful than the new
ones. The new ones seem basically to say, "if it breaks, call a mechanic."
I have most of the manuals pertaining to the G-742 trucks (a sizable stack),
in most of the various series (except for the almost useless multipart
manuals). I find myself consistently going to the older ones for the answers.

my .02
David Doyle