1952 GMC question....

From: Eddie C. (eddietude@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 13:20:06 PST

Hi all,

I'm getting a 1952 GMC panel style truck that was used in the Korean
war. I'd like to know if anyone out there has one of these, and knows
where I can get parts, has any tips on fixing it, how to upgrade the
wiring to a 12 volt system, etc, etc, etc. Anyone? The truck has some
pretty neat features, like 3 seperate 33 gallon gas tanks, a 15,000
pound PTO winch on the front with these large beams that anchor the
vehicle down when using the winch, a 5 ton tow rating, 4WD, with 6
forward gears and 2 reverse. It even has some original bullet holes in
it from that war. I'd like to upgrade the braking system, as it's got
the old style drums with the single reservoir, so if anyone's done that
and has info, it would be greatly appreciated.

eddie