"We've been sandbagged!" - USMC

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 12:57:21 PST

This proves it!

For too many decades, the Marine Corps has been wrongly accused and maligned for
"borrowing" and aquiring anything that wasn't nailed down...

"Well? Whaddya 'spect, it all had our dadgum initials on it! We was a victoiym
of soykumspectes!" quoted Private "Fingers" MacGillicuddy, after having served
an untold amount of time in the brig for being a bit too creative in his
aquisitions. "I mean, th' Sergeant instructed me anna few of da' boys to
wit'draw a jeep (mandatory MV content) from da Motor Pool, which we did. It wuz
green, wit' four wheels. Nobuddy said nutt'en about dem stars it had... Dey
said it wuz fer da use o' da General, so we figgered it wuz fer general use..."

That proves it, we wuz... er, was... framed!

And that's about it for THAT one...

Have a great day...

Bill

(For those of you who traded your sense of humor in for a case of scotch years
ago, this is an attempt at humor to brighten the crappy grey rainy day we're
having here...)