Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 15:11:56 PST

 Would you believe that documentation has been found at the National
Archives that shows the Army QMC had the cans marked "USMC" so that when
they eventually teamed up with Marine forces in the Pacific and the Marines
saw the Army supply dumps, the Marines would think it was already theirs and
wouldn't steal them.
    Would you believe they were marked that way so that the Army guards at
the supply dumps would be more zealous in their duties to prevent the
Marines from stealing them back?
    Would you believe they were marked that way to throw the Nazi's into a
tizzy, by misleading them into thinking that the Marines had already kicked
the Jap's asses and were now in Europe to revisit the WW1 Hun/Allied
Invitational?(Big Tongue in Cheek apology to Agent 86 and Mr. Rice)