Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: Eugene PANTANO (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 18:01:02 PST

Your theory does not hold water in the situation at hand...Having been in
the Navy for 17 years and almost that long in the Army...I have been on the
ordering end of way too much of this "stuff" than I care to remember... The
NAVY procured most of the "daily" used items for the MARINES...The Marines
ordered their own specialty items..and only on a long term procurement
according to "needs" and "approvals"...NAVY BIG BRASS was in on these
"procurement" boards...Let me assure you that...NEVER and I mean
NEVER..would the NAVY allow the Marines to order anything they could not
use. This is especially true of fuel and water cans..SEABEE's are the
COMBAT ARMS of the NAVY..they use the MARINE Greens..! If you don't know
what that means..you don't need to be in this discussion.....The BEE's used
fuel cans like there was no end in sight. I personally used many of their
cans..both in the building (pun) and out in the field... Let me tell
you..the USMC on the cans did not mean Uncle Sam's Misguided Children..It
was US Metallic Can...and nothing more...You can kick this around for the
next ten years and it will still be US Metallic Can !! Sorry..but this is
getting too far out at sea...Gene