Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 08:06:03 PST

>From: "Eugene PANTANO"
>
>Your theory does not hold water in the situation at hand
>SEABEE's are the COMBAT ARMS of the NAVY..they use the MARINE Greens

Top

Those MARINE GREENS don't say USMC on them do they? The SeaBees I've seen
all had utilities that said US NAVY. Most SeaBees wouldn't stand still to
have someone call them Marine. Marines had USMC stencil on their left
pocket. If the SeaBees were wearing the EGA/USMC insignia, did USMC quit
meaning United States Marine Corps and then mean US Manly Constuction? I
doubt it.

I've been in the army more than a couple of days and even worked a stint as
Supply/Property Book officer. I know about how the military acquires its big
and small purchases. I also know many things are specifically marked for
the branch of service they were used by.

Jim