Armor books at Scholar's Bookshelf

From: Pete & Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 08:44:48 PST

Hello list,

Got a catalog from Scholar's Bookshelf the other day. Here are a few
listings I thought my interest a few folks on the list. And please fell
free to share this with other military interest lists.

Three reprints of US field manuals from 1944:

    American Armored Battalion Tactics. 144 pages. $19.95
    A US War Department manual dating from 1944 which provides then
restricted information on the principles governing the tactical
employment of the tank battalion, covering training, marches, offensive
action, defensive action, special operations, and supply, maintenance,
and evacuation.

    American Tank Company Tactics. 116 pages. $19.95
    A US War Department field manual recording basic doctrine for the
tactical employment of tank companies, outlining the importance of
surprise, mass, terrain and weather, cooperation, and many other factors
in tank warfare. The manual covers marches and bivouacs, combat, special
operations. and supply and maintenance.

    Employment of Tanks with Infantry. 114 pages. $19.95
a facsimile reprint of this 1944 War Department field manual intended as
a guide for the operation of armored groups and separate tank battalions
with infantry. Text describes the means of coordinating such operations,
maximizing the effectiveness and understanding the proper use of of
equipment. Includes many hypothetical battle scenes and attack plans.

They also offer 8 books from the Concord Armor at War series, including
Tank Battles of the Pacific war, US Amtracs at War 1941-1945, and US
Half-Tracks in Combat 1941-1945. 72 pages each. $14.95

Their catalogs include a section on Tanks and Transport as well as
numerous books of interest to military history buffs. I recommend
signing up for their mailing list.

Have fun!

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com