Re: [MV] Looking for a CCKW

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 11:50:41 PST

I ran an M serties bed on my cckw until I imported the correct body from
Europe. If the truck does not have body on the back, you will pay hell to
find one in the US.

The ex-Norway trucks, if they have a gun mount are incorrect. They used the
short wheelbase truck mounts on the long wheelbase trucks.

If you go with brass lined wheel cylinders and new hoses, a new booster and
master, It will cost you about $1,000.

For canvas, I use M35 canvas tarps and end-flaps. You make the sides 4"
higher and put the canvas on backwards (they moved the tie-downs between
cckw and M-series). These canvas tarps even NOS ones are much less expensive
than a new cckw one from Beechwood etc. It makes it better to camp in too...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce