Re: [MV] A cap,

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 21:01:39 PST

>From: Geoff Winnington-Ball <gwball@sympatico.ca>
>Black is armour, khaki is infantry, green is commando, dark red is
>airborne.

No USMC isn't going to berets. They are too smart for that, in my opinions.

Traditional colors for whom? US Armor is yellow/gold, Infantry is Blue,
Artillery is Red.

Berets are more of a Eurpoean military style, definitely not TYPICAL
American. Also, for US Army, they are a badge of honor for some, not every
Tom, Dick and Harry. I did a short stint in airborne and still have my
maroon airborne beret which I treasure. I will nhappily don a black beret.
I feel it a disservice to my friends and compatriots in the Ranger
Battalions.

(Mandatory MV Content) Berets clash with my GPW when I drive it in uniform!

Jim