Re: [MV] M35 Torque Specs

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 05:41:30 PST

In a message dated 1/15/01 7:06:26 AM, kbernste@us.ibm.com writes:

>torque specs, torquing order for M35 head
I don't know which head gasket you decided to use but the torque specs
changed slightly with the head gaskets. The valve grind set I got from CMS,
which was cheaper than Memphis, came with torque specs. You torque the head
in four steps: 1, 110 ft-lbs; 2, 130 ft-lbs; 3, 157 ft-lbs; 4, 157 ft-lbs
again. Start in the center of each head and 'X' your way out to each end. I
don't think the exact order matters as long as you understand what I mean by
'X your way out' and do all the nuts at each torque level before going to the
next torque.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com
Selling deuces in Virginia for 15 years.