M1008 Glow Plugs

From: Joe Boone (jboone@accucomm.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 15:40:45 PST

I need help with a glow plug problem with my 1984 M1008. Ran like a top
until recently, when it refused to start. Appears to be burning up the
glow plugs. Installed new glow plugs, now they're burned up and tips
swelled up. Replaced the glow plug relay, resistors, and glow plug
circuit board. Voltage at the plugs is 24 volt, which means voltage is
too high, and should be 12 volts, which is the indicated voltage to the
glow plugs on my M1009 Blazer.
There's nothing else left to replace. Any help would be appreciated.
Please e-mail off list.
Thanks,
Joe Boone