Allied Paint Colors for North Africa (late 1942&43)

From: Chris (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 19:08:53 PST

I need some help from the WWII historians out there. Were the allied
vehicles involved in operation Torch generally painted a standard desert
sand color?

If I used 30277 Camouflage Sand from RAPCO, with white markings, would I be
correct for say a US 1st Division, WC-53 Carryall, or GPW jeep? Or where
most the vehicles just left olive drab?

I'd assume if you were being shot at, something that blends in with the
background would be the uniform of choice for your vehicle, but was it
standardized?

What about Montgomery's Eighth Army? Same general paint scheme?

Thanks,

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA