Re: [MV] it's a splendid thing -

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 15:47:39 PST

A bigger problem would be shipping times on parts. A dealer would have
to stockpile a huge supply of spares to assure a ready parts supply
until shipping from Russia is more reliable.

If they're building them with Cat engines, maybe Caterpillar will
import them and sell them for off-road construction work. I understand
Cat has been working in Russia for some time now and has made
contacts.

Although you're right it would be hard to make something like that
street legal. But if you've got a Vodnik, what do you need with
streets anyway?

This thing is way to cool, someone will find a way to import them.